Lead Software Development Engineer - Android
Smartsheet is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to manage a small team of highly motivated Android engineers of varying levels of experience, while also contributing across all technical aspects of software development and delivery.
In this position you will lead a team responsible for designing and building the Android version of Smartsheet’s collaborative work and project management software. Our mobile software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile collaborative environment that stays focused on building great software. Here you can use the latest mobile technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Work closely with product managers, UI designers, and testers in a highly collaborative team environment
- Deliver maintainable, high performance, secure code using industry best practices
- 7+ years software development experience
- Proven experience in technical leadership and management of small teams of engineers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- Extensive experience with Android application development OR significant experience in desktop applications, backend development or iOS and ability to learn quickly.
- A passion for mobile and tablet devices, applications and user interfaces
- Experience building high performance, fluid mobile applications is a plus
- Experience or interest in iOS application development is a plus
- Familiarity with C++, JNI and developing portable code is a plus
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs and web services with applications is a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis