Smartsheet cloud-based work management platform empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation for over 70,000 brands in 190 countries, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500. Named by Forbes as one of the world’s top private cloud companies, Smartsheet complements existing enterprise investments by deeply integrating with applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others. Smartsheet was awarded Washington's Best Place to Work in 2017 by Puget Sound Business Journal!
Smartsheet’s Associate Designer is a junior / mid-level creative professional that will work on the in-house Creative Services team. We are looking for someone highly organized, motivated and experienced to perform a variety of small to medium sized design tasks, have a keen eye, and maintain an acute attention to detail. Our ideal candidate is someone comfortable with the day-do-day production of assets for emails, social media, print projects, event materials (brochures, postcards, etc.), and more. This is a production role foremost, and is expected to quickly deliver on-brand materials under the direction of Senior Designers and the Art Director. This is a great opportunity for someone able to handle a volume of smaller tasks, is supremely comfortable mimicking an existing style / brand, and someone eager to learn from experienced designers.
Specifically, we’re looking for experienced graphic designers—skills in illustration and UX design are terrific, but are weighed less against how you problem solve with typography, color, and photography.
The role reports directly to the Art Director and is located in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
• Work closely with the Art Director and Project Manager(s) to handle overflow tasks and small one-off projects for business owners.
• Take completed design comps and clean, organize, and cut assets web developers.
• Assist business owners at Smartsheet with assets for Powerpoint decks — creating new graphics, designing charts, content, and otherwise making the presentations more pleasing.
• Work within existing style guidelines to produce custom assets as needed, including materials like icons, photography treatments, ebook materials, data-sheet PDFs, and white-papers
• 2-4+ years of graphic design experience in an agency, internship, corporation, or similar environment
• Strong familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment and quickly turn out materials
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret creative requirements from business owners
• Ability to professionally convert creative direction and critique to deliverables
A portfolio of your work (book, PDF, website, Behance, et al.) is required for consideration.