Site Reliability Engineer
Do you like problem solving and getting things done? Keen on optimization and large scale systems development?
Smartsheet UK is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our Converse service offering which enable users to build conversational business workflows. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
This position is based at our Edinburgh, Scotland site.
- Participate in a follow-the-sun rotation providing 24x7 production support
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and fix production issues in cloud and hosted environments, including both hardware and internal software issues
- Respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions
- Manage customer support and development escalations; working directly with Sustaining Engineering
- Track issues through the ticketing systems and follow through to resolution
- Ensure production changes are documented, fully tested in non-production environments, and adhere to change control and audit requirements
- Participate and support multiple teams in incident management, PIR, deployment and change processes
- Investigate security and compliance concerns, in accordance with company policies
- 4+ years of work experience with production Linux systems administration
- 2+ years of experience with at least one scripting language (e.g., Bash, Python, Ruby, Go )
- Highly motivated, critical thinker with proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities in critical incident situations
- Proficient with basic internet protocols (e.g., HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Proficient with config management, source control and containerization tools
- Working knowledge of agile, scrum and ITIL service management methodologies
- Strong desire to learn and understand new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis