IT Asset Manager
Smartsheeters truly stand out! It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are dedicated to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encourages individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company. We're an extremely data- and results-driven organization - and with over tens of thousands of paying organizations, millions of registered users, and consistently strong growth over the last 5 years, there's plenty of data for you to dive into.
We are looking for an IT Asset Manager who will be pivotal in helping Smartsheet manage all IT Assets, including software and hardware. The role will will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing IT asset inventory usage and mitigating risk for non-compliance. This position is responsible for the management of Smartsheet assets and produces cost savings and risk avoidance associated with this spend. This full-time position reports to the Director of Procurement, and is based in Smartsheet HQ in Bellevue, WA.
- Leading implementation of asset tracking methods and tools
- Demonstrates leadership to executives and business units
- Design and Develop best practices for Smartsheet IT Asset Management programs
- Providing transparency of group functions and reports to stakeholders when appropriate
- Establishing and publishing metrics that track the department Key Process Indicators, KPI’s
- Responding to vendor audits
- Creation and publishing of detailed software inventory reports
- Managing the Enterprise-Wide complex software support renewals for completion on time
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to complete annual software true-up and support renewals on a timely basis for software managed by decentralized and global business units.
- Serve as subject matter expert and program manager for emerging worldwide software asset tracking and asset management program, process, tools and collaboration across all Smartsheet business units world-wide.
- Governance Management: manages governance process for tracking adherence and usage of asset management processes and tools.
- Serve in oversight position for all Smartsheet software assets to mitigate risk and realize opportunities for asset optimization.
- Accountable for documenting savings, avoidance and risk management.
- ITIL certification and MS license certification desirable
- 4 year college degree in business, finance, or information technology services preferred
- 4-8 years relevant work experience in the field of asset management
- Must work well independently and with a team
- This position reports to the Director of Procurement
- Understanding of IT hardware/software licensing/maintenance models
- Deep proficiency with software license management and related procurement practices
- Experience working with various software inventory and asset management tools
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage processes
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skill set, proficient in Excel
- Ability to perform and complete projects under aggressive timelines
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects (multi-tasking)
- Strong attention to detail in deliverables
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse audiences
- Ability to Influence multiple stakeholders (decentralized conglomerate culture/structure)
- Working knowledge of software asset inventory tools (i.e., SCCM, Flexera, Altiris, others)
- Participation in program implementation and management for software asset management
- Experience working with IT Suppliers (Salesforce.com, HP, Oracle, Microsoft, SAP, Etc.)
- Familiarity with IT Cost Saving initiatives and reporting
- Experience working with multinational global organizations