Who we are
Smartsheet reinvents how businesses manage work, making it accessible, streamlined, and collaborative - just like good work should be. We grow fast, have a huge potential, and attend to the needs of our people as much as we attend to the needs of our customers.
What we do
Our UX Research team is nimble, pragmatic, and ambitious. We do user research to support Smartsheet product, messaging, and strategic growth. Our goal is to connect knowledge about Smartsheet customers across business units and drive true customer-focused innovation within Smartsheet.
What you will do
This role will give you an opportunity to practice and grow a broad range of individual skills while being part of an established team that works closely with designers and product managers to innovate and drive a world class product.
In the UX Research part of your role, you will:
- Support end-to-end UX Research of a major functional area of the product; from helping Product Owners define the roadmap to testing new features and understanding how they perform in the real world after they go live. As you grow in your role and become familiar with Smartsheet, your scope will soon expand to driving your own research.
- Participate in planning, running, and evangelizing strategic customer research that provides customer insights across multiple business units.
- Be a research partner for Product Marketing, Brand Strategy and Customer Success, to help them bring high-quality customer insights through the work they do.
Who you are
- You are motivated, curious, and highly organized. Multi-tasking is your second nature, but you are mature enough to know when to multi-task and when to focus.
- You know what UX Research is, what value it brings, and you can articulate it clearly and concisely to anyone, from an engineer to an executive.
- You are skilled at some research techniques - concept testing, usability testing, interviews, surveys, etc. - and you are eager to learn less traditional approaches to research.
- You have exceptional customer communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are legally authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship
- Most importantly, you have a growth mindset and the “all for one, and one for all” attitude.
- A UX Researcher with 2+ years experience who is looking to take the next steps in their career.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
How to get noticed
If your story does not fit the parameters of a “traditional UX Researcher”, do not forget to tell us your story and explain why we need you and what special skills you can bring to the table.
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now