This Billing Analyst role is responsible for day to day accuracy and timeliness of Smartsheet subscriptions and services billings and invoicing. This role also acts as a backup resource to Order Entry and Activations during peak operational periods.
We are an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations where challenging tasks arise on a regular basis. Our team supports 79,000 domain-based customers worldwide. This individual will be expected to work collaboratively with Sales, Customer Success, Legal, and various functions across the entire business in delivering best-in-class customer service. This involves defining constant improvements to the order activation and billing process as we grow.
At Smartsheet, we are passionate about our operations and our team. This position reports to the Manager, Billing Operations.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely execution of Billing Operations driven subscription and services billing and invoicing activities (daily, monthly, annual)
- Monitors billing systems accuracy and efficiency, and is an escalation resource and Subject Matter Expert for billing and invoicing issues
- Acts as backup/lead to the Manager, Billing Operations when required
- Works with internal systems teams (i.e. Payments, IT, Project Management, Technical Support) on billing issues that affect our Customer Experience and Operations
- Provides sales order approval review when required
- Provides order entry and activations support during high volume periods
- Key contributor to process improvements, controls, and systems optimization
- Is a resource to the accounting team on monthly close tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with large ERP systems & Salesforce
- Proven ability to work with and analyze large data sets
- Proven customer service and sales support experience
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team, and obtain cooperation from others
- High volume productivity with completeness and accuracy in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks under pressure
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, operations, or relevant work experience
We empower everyone to improve how they work. We are a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, enabling teams and organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. We were founded in 2005 with a vision to build a universal application for work management that does not require coding capabilities.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now
Accounting & Finance