Commercial Sales Engineer
Smartsheet is looking for a proven Sales Engineer who will provide deep product leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet sales, deployment and adoption. A proven track record in Pre-sales (Sales Engineering), outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as consultative solution sales experience is required. This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based in Smartsheet’s Sydney, Australia office
- Be a recognized Smartsheet expert and develop deep Smartsheet relevance (workflow definition, solution design, etc.) for key functional areas, such as Project Management, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.
- Support Inside Sales Representatives with requests to perform technical Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations.
- Assist Sales Engineers in design and develop of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems, and translate these problems into Smartsheet Solutions.
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to sales team as well as new team and enterprise prospects.
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Great listening skills are a must
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deep understanding of functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now