Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Smartsheet’s business and culture succeed as a result of experienced people working together to achieve our purpose. The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) will manage the leadership of our global DEI strategy with a primary focus on elevating DEI across our people practices including recruitment, development, retention and employee engagement. You will also oversee the adjacent work related to our community impact strategy and corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
This essential role is part of the People & Culture (P&C) team and you will report directly to the VP of People in our Bellevue, WA headquarters.
You are instrumental to making Smartsheet a place where every person feels that they belong and can build a career. As our most senior DEI expert, you will run the overall growth and integration of diversity, equity and inclusion. You will work with the People & Culture team and across the organization to evolve and communicate DEI insights, direction and progress. You will also oversee Smartsheet’s Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Assess the impact of Smartsheet’s people practices on DEI and work with our People & Culture teams to evolve practices and metrics in recruitment, talent management, total rewards, and employee engagement.
- Lead the (r)evolution of Smartsheet’s next-generation ecosystem, inclusive of leader and community engagement.
- Inform DEI and CSR metrics and organizational goals, with the people analytics and research team.
- Develop and maintain global processes and systems to hold leaders accountable for their support, implementation and eventual ownership of DEI in their departments.
- Collaborate and influence by reaching beyond the immediate scope to influence and leading change initiatives with multiple senior leaders.
- Provide cultural change to support Smartsheet’s ability to deepen its relationship to and support of essential diverse segments across employees, customers and communities.
- Oversee Smartsheet’s CSR programs and external partnerships with an eye for opportunities to maximizing our impact through coordination with our DEI strategy.
- Represent Smartsheet and its interests to external communities, parties and partnerships around the world.
- Partner with team members across the business to report out progress and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years leading DEI efforts in a corporate setting, resulting in a record of furthering business strategies and creating best practices.
- Demonstrate superb cross cultural skills with the ability to successfully approach, build trust and negotiate across multiple cultures, markets, and community/business leaders.
- Delivered in a tech environment through superb project management and collaboration.
- Ability to convey complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to enroll team, peers, and management.
- Comfort and experience working with employees and leaders at all levels and galvanizing others into action around building more diverse and inclusive environments.
- Build capacity of individuals and teams through employee development, involvement and communication.
- Create a mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establish trust and inspire others.
- Delivered commitments and hold others to do the same.
- Champion DEI and CSR in the organization and advocate solutions in our best interest.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers.
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount).
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%) to help you save for your future.
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work.
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave.
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave.
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status observing applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we build an inclusive environment that encourages and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
People & Culture