Senior Software Development Engineer, Front-End
Smartsheet UK is looking for Senior Software Development Engineers (Sr. SDE) to join our product engineering teams. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our automated workflow and large-scale synchronisation SaaS solutions.
We are looking for an engineer to be involved in the architecture and development of greenfield front-end designs for our Connectors application, which integrates Smartsheet with other systems.
With recent investment into the UX and engineering arms of our Edinburgh office, our aim is to provide outstanding experiences for our customers. You will form a significant and leading part of that drive, using your experience to build products that are scalable, maintainable, fast, beautiful, and above all a joy to use.
You will work closely with our UX Lead and other engineers to drive the development using a modern web application stack. You will report to the Engineering Manager and be based in our Edinburgh, UK site.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in architecturing and implementing design changes to the front-end of the application
- Partner with the UX team to build interfaces that greatly impact our users
- Participate in all phases of planning, design, quality assurance and defect resolution
- Work on back-end and infrastructure changes together with other engineers on the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with CSS/HTML and other front-end technologies
- Experience working with UX designers on creating new web applications
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience building scalable, high availability applications
- Experience working with and mentoring engineers, particularly on front-end work
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 10 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Maternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counselling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!Apply Now
Engineering - Developers