Senior Channel Account Manager
Smartsheet is looking for a regional Channel Account Manager for the Asia Pacific region. The primary focus will be in Australia & New Zealand but might cover Asia Pacific as per our growing needs. You will be a quota-carrying, revenue-producing rep that recruits, onboards, and manages relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. You will manage selective new partner recruitment, engaging the partner with the Smartsheet Partner Program, and driving joint partner business planning. Channel Account Managers will also collaborate with Smartsheet direct sales teams locally and in the US.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across an established market.
This exciting opportunity will be based in our Sydney office and will report to the APJ Regional Channel Leader.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Meet revenue targets by managing relationships with potential and existing channel partners
- Engage and manage vendor programs and relationships to support partnership goals and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing)
- Manage channel pipeline and forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle
- Lead monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Work with high-potential partners to develop an annual joint business plan that defines strategies and activities to meet revenue goals; review and assess plan progress in partner-facing quarterly business reviews
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities, and work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (e.g. partner marketing manager) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to increase demand to support revenue targets
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- 5+ years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software. SaaS experience preferred.
- 5+ years of channel experience and an existing network of software-focused partners in Australia, and other Asia Pac countries.
- Preferred Bachelor's (BA/BS) degree or equivalent experience
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Our Candidate Privacy Notice describes how Smartsheet may process your personal data, including the use of a third party provider for application submissions.Apply Now