Senior Strategic Applications Developer
Do you love building awesome apps, integrations and API-based mashups that turn customers in raving fans? If you are a passionate engineer who loves to build the glue that connects apps, our strategic applications team may be a great fit for you. We've been working with JIRA, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams and Outlook, and we're always looking for new and innovative ways to connect Smartsheet to the other tools our customers use.
Here at Smartsheet, we pride ourselves in our collaborative environment that has been voted one of the best places to work in Seattle. Join the Smartsheet Engineering Team on its quest for a connected world, build integrations that make you proud, and have fun doing it.
- Build integrations between Smartsheet and various 3rd party applications.
- Architect and implement solutions, including both the front-end and back-end layers. Our stack includes Java on Tomcat, AngularJS, MySQL and RabbitMQ.
- Work directly with Product Managers to help determine roadmap, assess scope, provide input on tradeoffs, and make technical recommendations.
- Design for scale across the technical stack, including, but not limited to, database schemas and sql queries.
We are looking for proactive self-starters who thrive under minimal supervision, in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, and are able to drive a project from start to finish, solving technical challenges along the way. Our Sr. SDEs must be proactive, action-biased, effective problem solvers who can quickly grasp technical challenges, identify key issues, develop a troubleshooting approach, and provide a recommendation. Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 years full stack development experience with at least some experience with Java.
- Knowledge of REST, OAuth2, and third party integration best practices.
- Solid OO design skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively - clearly and concisely - in person and via email.
- Ability to always develop a strong, grounded point of view and articulate it.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong collaboration skills - willingness to seek feedback, and be receptive to input, within and outside of the team.
- Committed to our users, your work and your teammates.
- High bar for quality and pride in what you and your team create.
- Desire to understand business strategy and to make a material impact on the business.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
Nice to haves:
- Docker, Vagrant experience
- Experience using Git/Github.
- Working knowledge of Heroku.