Senior Security Engineer
At Smartsheet, we are building the next generation workspace collaboration platform. Trust is one of our core values, and as an engineering organization, we execute that core value by maintaining and innovating on systems that secure our customers’ data. As we continue to grow our customer base, we are seeking a Senior Security Engineer who understands how to build and integrate security systems that extend Smartsheet’s defense in depth security program. This role is a critical part of the engineering organization.
This position will report to Director of Site Reliability Engineering and will be located in our Bellevue, Washington headquarters.
- Maintain, improve, and scale our security controls including SELinux, Kerberos, firewalls, PKI, etc.
- Propose and implement alternative authentication and audit controls and technologies as appropriate
- Work with the development and QA teams to maintain and improve checks for secure code deployment
- Work with operations to make sure that all access to our production systems are secure, audited, and well understood
- Design and develop process, tools, and systems to secure all internal production systems from Layer 1 to Layer
- Demonstrated excellence in a production environment
- Experience with Linux administration or Linux systems development
- Experience multi-tenant IaaS, PaaS or SaaS company
- Evaluating and communicating risk in a fact-based manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of TLS/SSL, SAML, SSO, OAuth2, and Active Directory operations
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Good understanding of the security tools landscape: Open source and commercial
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Strong bias toward action, while flexible and resourceful (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Multi-Realm federation to Active Directory implementations (nice to have)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis