Senior Mobile Developer - Android
Smartsheet is seeking a full time Senior Software Engineer to join our Android Development Team.
In this position you will design and build the Android version of Smartsheet’s collaborative work and project management software. Our mobile software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile collaborative environment that stays focused on building great software. Here you can use the latest mobile technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Work closely with product managers, UI designers, and testers in a highly collaborative team environment
- Deliver maintainable, high performance, secure code using industry best practices
- 5+ years software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- Extensive experience with Android application development OR significant experience in desktop applications, backend development or iOS and ability to learn quickly
- A passion for mobile and tablet devices, applications and user interfaces
- Experience building high performance, fluid mobile applications is a plus
- Experience or interest in iOS application development is a plus
- Familiarity with C++, JNI and developing portable code is a plus
- Experience or interest in a technical leadership path is a plus
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs and web services with applications is a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis