Technical Product Manager, Payments (Boston or Bellevue)
Are you passionate about building great products? Smartsheet is looking for a technical product manager passionate about building products that deliver great customer experiences. Smartsheet is taking the world of work collaboration and project management by storm with its intuitive and extensible spreadsheet-like experience and rock-solid enterprise feature set.
This is a critical, high visibility role with significant business ownership. Your chief responsibility is to deliver world-class product experiences that drive revenue. You will help make Smartsheet a product even more users will want to buy, and make it easy for them to do so.
You will identify, prioritize, define, and deliver full-stack product enhancements to help people discover compelling value, buy, and pay for Smartsheet. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, and Finance teams to create and integrate new technology to surface products for self-service purchase and management, and taking payments at a global scale. You’ll drive functionality in shopping cart, payment gateways, and integrations with accounting and CRM.
This is a mission-critical role in a fast-paced environment. Your success will be measured on revenue from enhancements you deliver, user engagement and satisfaction, your ability to drive projects from concept through completion, and your skills working with customers and colleagues.
- Create a compelling vision for your portfolio of features, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess revenue opportunity, project feasibility, approach, scope, and recommend go-to-market
- Define detailed product requirements
- Manage ongoing tradeoffs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Drive project through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new recommendations
We are looking for team players who are driven, proactive, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision. The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience strongly preferred
- 4+ years experience as a product owner on agile development teams
- Experience in building and integrating payment technologies and processes at global, enterprise-grade scale
- Knowledge of sales, accounting, and financial processes
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- Experience with SQL, Databricks, and Tableau, and Google Analytics preferred
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude, plus relentless drive and outstanding ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Passion for web-based business software
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical concepts
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, CompSci, Engineering, or other technical degree required, MBA preferred
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.