Customer Implementation Specialist
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Customer Implementation Specialist to drive engagement and product adoption within our customer base. The CIS will be assisting customers with creating an onboarding approach, designing a launch plan, and implementing Smartsheet solutions to enable a successful deployment of Smartsheet within the organization. The CIS will also be responsible for assisting in developing company wide solutions and programs to support our customers at scale.
As a Customer Implementation Specialist, you will work closely with the Sales, Customer Success, Training and Consulting teams to ensure the plan for launch is successful and deployed within the first 2 months of engagement with Smartsheet. Within this role you will be considered the Subject Matter Expert pertaining to advanced Smartsheet functionalities in order to propose trainings, launch plans and solutions for use cases across different industries and business groups. The right candidate is a strong communicator, is detail-oriented, and is driven by making an impact for our customers.
This role creates an opportunity to ensure our customers have the best experience right out of the gate and will lead to higher adoption, retention and expansion opportunities for Smartsheet.
- Own the implementation and product adoption plan for the first 2 months of engagement with Smartsheet
- Define, run and potentially deliver trainings necessary for the customers successful launch of Smartsheet
- Find and create customer advocates/champions throughout the implementation engagement
- Recommend or build solutions required to get the company up and running quickly
- Help to deploy successful application integrations such as Jira, Salesforce and SSO launches
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) on Smartsheet product capabilities
- Review security protocols and practices to ensure company standards are met
- Expand upon the Smartsheet solution portfolio, demonstrating best practices in design for use cases across variety of industries and business functions
- Provide feedback to our Product & Platform Engineering teams that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience preferred
- Growth mindset with the desire to work in a collaborative environment to promote and drive superior team performance
- Strong relationship builder and natural problem solver
- Understanding of security protocols, SSO and basic understanding of APIs
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Hands-on working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need