VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Smartsheeters truly stand out! It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encourages individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company. We're an extremely data and results-driven organization with over tens of thousands of paying organizations, millions of registered users, and consistently strong growth over the last 5 years, there's plenty of data for you to dive into.
Smartsheet is one of Seattle’s fastest growing SaaS companies with over 72,000 organizations using its platform today. We are seeking a Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis (VP FP&A) to join our team in Bellevue, WA. As an integral member of the senior finance team, the VP FP&A is a highly-visible, multi-tasking manager leading our key financial performance management processes. These processes encompass budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and management reporting.
- Drive and maintain budgeting and forecasting, and support strategic planning processes.
- Drive monthly financial review and analysis of operating results vs forecast and plan, produce management reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and FCF forecasts and operating metrics and commentary
- Maintain robust and integrated long term model and associated analytics to support growth initiatives and capital structure considerations
- Prepare and distribute ongoing reports and prepare CFO board presentations. Prepare and present executive, board level, investor and research analyst presentations
- Enhance Smartsheet’s analytical capabilities providing insights to leadership team and business operators that result in continuous improvement to our business model
- Prepare financial modeling for acquisition opportunities, new business development, cost saving projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive analyses, and channel, customer and product profitability
- Partner with business to optimize operational performance and deliver on short and long-term financial objectives
- Recruit, manage and develop a growing team of 5
- Depending on the candidate’s skill set and interest, the role may also encompass investor relations
- BA and/or MBA in Finance or other related degree
- 15+ years experience in financial roles, with public company experience preferred
- Familiarity with and experience in providing guidance as a public company
- Experience with and understanding of software as a service business models
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills, reputation for forecast accuracy
- Clear communicator and story teller, strong relationship builder, ability to enroll and influence business partners on ideas and plans, self-starter who drives for outstanding results