Communicate Your Way
Start a video call, share your screen or group chat with Google Hangouts.
Start a Google Hangout Instantly From Smartsheet
Instantly start a Google Hangout to video chat, share your screen or group chat with others viewing your sheet. Whether you need an in-depth conversation or a quick check-in, Smartsheet and Google Hangouts make communication easy and convenient. Using Google Hangouts requires a Google login.
Google Hangouts bring conversations to life with photos, and free group video and voice calls. With just one click, you can start a video chat with up to 10 people or make a phone call directly from your computer. Once you’re talking, it’s easy to add more people and start a conference call, or move your conversation to video. The best part? All calls placed to the US and Canada are free, and calls to other countries have very low rates.
Connect to Hangouts From Anywhere
Hangouts work across computers, Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and iPods, so you can connect with anyone, anywhere.
Google collaboration makes it easy to work the way you want. Whether you’re on the go or at your desk, you can message a colleague or start an impromptu video conference with your team. If some of your colleagues work at home, no problem. You can share your screen to collaborate and communicate in real time. And, with Smartsheet’s embedded workflow with Google Hangouts, you’ll always have productive conversations that stay within the context of your work.
Starting a Google Hangout from Smartsheet streamlines communication and keeps everyone on track. Instead of emailing dozens of messages back and forth, ask questions and solve problems in seconds with a face-to-face conversation.
Ways to Improve Collaboration with Hangouts
Here are five ways Google Hangouts can save time and improve collaboration:
- Review attachments in real time by sharing your screen with colleagues.
- Ask a question right away about a Smartsheet task by starting a Google Hangout chat from your sheet.
- Receive instant project updates by easily seeing if your colleague is online, rather than sending an update request or emailing a Smartsheet row.
- Immediately start a screenshare from Smartsheet to go through project details.
- Collaborate effectively - Start a conversation in the context of the work.
- Communicate your way - Start a video call, share your screen or group chat with Google Hangouts.
- Invite anyone - Invite others to join your Hangout (even those not shared to your sheet).
How to get it:
To start a Google Hangout, you must have a Google Apps account, like a Gmail, Google Drive, or Google+ account.
If you have a Google Apps account, here’s how to start a Hangout from Smartsheet:
- Mouse-over the multi-user icon that appears in a sheet's tab when other people are collaborating on it and click the Start a Hangout button.
- A window will pop up, prompting you to login to Google and preview your Hangout invitation.
- Click Join to start your Hangout.
If you don’t have a Google Apps account, you can sign up for free and use Gmail, Google Drive, Google+, Hangouts, and more.
To create a Google account, visit the Create Your Google Account page.