Smartsheet work execution platform
Explore our capabilities
From our core functionality to premium add-ons and pre-built solutions, Smartsheet has the power to transform the way you work.
See who made which changes and when, on sheets, reports, and dashboards.
- View an audit trail to understand how and when collaborators are taking action.
- See who is shared to (or unshared from) a sheet, report, or dashboard.
- Filter the Activity Log by date range, type of action, or collaborator.
- Export the Activity Log and share via email.
Easily manage users and transfer access.
- Extensive administrator controls allow you to manage and audit access, ownership, and usage.
- Configure and manage global security controls and settings including account discovery, resource management, and custom user welcome screens.
- Globally configure user types to designate what individuals can and can’t do with your Smartsheet account, automatically add users to an enterprise account with automated user provisioning, or adjust account settings for features and working days.
Keep information in one centralized place
- Store docs and attach files from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and more.
- Access attachments at any time, from any device.
- Attach files to individual rows to keep information in context, or attach to the sheet.
Leverage the Smartsheet API to take work execution to the next level.
- Programmatically access and manage your organization’s Smartsheet data and account information.
- Ensure secure data management, automation through webhooks, and the ability to scale Smartsheet throughout your company.
- Read and update sheets, manage folders and workspaces, administer users and accounts, and more.
- Based on widely accepted standards and conventions, including REST, JSON, and HTTP success and error codes.
Implement simple and powerful automated workflows in a matter of minutes.
- Automate repetitive processes by sending alerts, requesting approvals and updates, and locking rows based on sheet changes and preset times.
- Empower business users to automate their own workflows by combining multiple actions and conditional paths in an intuitive visual editor.
- Set up recurring workflows such as weekly status requests and daily deadline reminders.
- Respond to update requests and approval requests inside the desktop or mobile app, from email, or from a messaging app such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Hangouts Chat.
- Ideal for multiple-step sales discount and procurement approvals, time tracking approvals, content update requests, hiring approvals, and more.
Keep everyone in sync with an interactive, comprehensive view of all your activities and critical timelines.
- Customize the instantly familiar calendar interface and overlay on your iCal or Google Calendar for a comprehensive view.
- Securely publish or embed calendars to surface key dates in the places people look for them.
- Instantly view and edit project dates and reminders in calendar.
- Export and attach project calendars for quick and easy updates.
- Ideal for event planning, team schedules, tracking key milestones, creating communications and promotions plans, and more.
Help teams and tasks stay on track with a more visual way to see, share, and act on projects together.
- Update cards with custom fields, images, and color coding to focus your team’s attention on what matters most.
- Filter cards and lanes to easily see the flow of work from multiple perspectives.
- Drag and drop cards between lanes to quickly update your entire team on the changing status of work.
Unlock critical data lying captive in source systems.
- Improve collaboration and decision making with real-time visibility into critical business systems.
- Enable powerful collaboration capabilities with connectors by automatically synchronizing data across critical business platforms, including Salesforce, Jira, ServiceNow, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Merge or replace data from any system that can download to a CSV file, Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheet using the Smartsheet Data Uploader.
Plan, manage, and review content production in Smartsheet to finalize more assets faster.
- Oversee the production process from your project sheet.
- Use automated alerts and reminders to keep designers on schedule.
- Include content tasks in reports and dashboards for greater visibility.
- Allow colleagues, vendors, and clients to review content proofs without sheet access.
- Provide detailed feedback via pinned annotations, conversations, and individual approvals.
- Avoid process bottlenecks with simultaneous proof reviewers.
- Eliminate version confusion with easy updates and automatic locking.
See all the tasks that directly impact your project completion date.
- Set up a Gantt chart with dependencies and predecessor columns to create a critical path.
- Filter sheets to see only tasks in the critical path.
- Share crucial elements of your timeline as a PDF to keep stakeholders and leaders apprised of project status.
Add logos and set color themes for customized look.
- Maintain your organization’s brand and personalize the look and feel of your sheets and workspaces.
- Apply to entire account, individual workspaces, and emails sent from Smartsheet.
- Set custom colors and upload file formats including PNG, GIF, and JPG.
Export, email & print
Export, email & print
Easily share your work in Smartsheet in multiple business-friendly formats.
- Export any report or sheet to Microsoft Excel, PDF, Google Sheets.
- Export Gantt charts as PNG images and Microsoft Project.
- Print sheets, reports, dashboard and Gantt charts, and cards from card view.
- Share information from sheets or reports via email.
Give project owners, stakeholders, and leadership a robust, real-time view into the status of top KPIs, critical trends, and summary reports.
- Rapidly adapt to changing conditions and identify trends with easy-to-use widgets that display live data, charts, and key metrics.
- Easily customize to show and share what matters most.
- Ideal for CIO dashboards, tracking portfolio health, KPI and revenue dashboards, monitoring financial performance, and more.
View all changes to items filtered by action type, person, and date range.
- See all tasks that are due on a specific date, everything that’s assigned to you, or all items in a particular stage of a workflow.
- Use Critical Path, attachments, comments, and locked rows as filter criteria.
- Save and name filters for use by anyone who has access to a sheet.
Easily create and customize forms to collect data from anyone on any device, and save data in a structured format.
- Collect error-free, consistent data from internal or external stakeholders and save it into Smartsheet, making it easy to see status and take action.
- Share forms with a unique link that makes it easy for anyone to submit the form, and attach files and pictures.
- Use the Smartsheet mobile app to easily submit information and files from a mobile device.
- Ideal for field ticket collection, event registration, collecting customer feedback, and more.
Perform calculations and lookups within and across multiple sheets.
- Use dozens of common functions in formulas to manipulate data, add or subtract dates, make calculations, and more.
- Enter data directly into formulas or reference the values in other cells.
- Cross-sheet formulas allow you to quickly and easily reference other sheets in your formulas.
- Use formulas and conditional formatting together to easily spot trends and at-risk tasks.
Easily visualize your projects with customizable Gantt capabilities.
- Set up a Gantt chart with dependencies and a predecessor column to create a Critical Path.
- Drag and drop to adjust start or end dates, or to build dependencies between tasks.
- Quickly highlight the key tasks in your project timeline Critical Path, and see at a glance which tasks are affecting the project’s completion date.
- Ideal for project management resources to visually track the duration of and relationships between tasks in a project.
Create a unified, customized view of projects that keeps your teams on task and on time — and easily tracks multiple moving parts.
- Familiar, flexible view is easy to customize with multiple column types, including symbol, date, contacts, and more.
- Keep project materials together by attaching documents directly to a sheet.
- Easily set up automation rules within any sheet to prompt updates and keep tasks on track.
- Use powerful row hierarchy, conditional formatting, and formulas to visually and automatically organize information.
- Ideal for managing projects, tracking client feedback, event planning, managing audit and compliance, due diligence lists, and more.
Get work done in context, without switching from one app to the next, with out-of-the-box integrations that work with your favorite cloud tools.
- Seamlessly integrate with all of the top cloud productivity suites and messaging applications, like Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Box, DocuSign, Slack, Workplace Chat, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Chat, Skype for Business, Gmail, Outlook, and many others.
- Some integrations require eligible Smartsheet Business or Enterprise plans.
Maximize productivity wherever you work with the Smartsheet mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Get real-time access to Smartsheet and seamlessly view and update data, wherever you are, with your mobile device or tablet.
- Collaborate on sheets, check notifications and dashboards, capture images and barcodes, and view your project timeline on the go.
See and take action on important tasks and updates in a single source of truth.
- Receive alerts directly within Smartsheet to stay informed and take action on important tasks.
- Review and respond to update requests and approval requests.
- Customize notification rules so you can focus on what matters most.
- Configure additional notifications via mobile push and email.
Bring your teams together and keep them on the same page with the information they need in an easy-to-create and maintain centralized portal.
- Customize for the exact view you need with easy-to-use drag-and-drop UI, widgets, images, and text.
- Cloud-based, real-time access lets teams work and update on the go, on almost any device.
- Centralize and update all of your team’s information, reducing wasted time and version-control issues.
- Ideal for team and department resources, company-wide alignment, customer-facing portals, and more.
Empower your teams to execute together with speed and accountability, driving to successful outcomes, faster.
- Visualize tasks how you want by easily switching between grid, card, Gantt, and calendar views of the same data.
- Keep everyone on the same page by attaching files from Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more.
- Streamline work and reduce the number of meetings by sending automated update and approval requests.
- Communicate with the right stakeholders about specific work items using comments and @mentions.
- Control access with intuitive and secure permission controls.
- Ideal for waterfall and agile projects, product launches, sprint planning, events, and more.
Publish a sheet, report, or dashboard for frictionless sharing.
- Generate a unique URL that anyone can access without logging into Smartsheet.
- Use access control options to control who can access the link.
- Set default view to grid, Gantt, card or calendar views.
- Embed an iframe code within the source code of a website to display a sheet or report.
- Published items are dynamic, so they always display current data.
- Publish a Smartsheet calendar to iCal to enable anyone to add dates from their sheet to a non-Smartsheet calendar.
Keep information in one centralized place
- Send reminders to yourself or others, and include customized messages.
- Set reminders at row or sheet level.
- Keep dependencies moving on key projects with task reminders on overall projects.
Reports are a powerful way to consolidate key information from multiple sheets into a single overview.
- Manage and update work across multiple sheets.
- Look across multiple projects and programs to quickly spot trends and emerging issues.
- Share, send, and publish reports to keep teams in the loop.
- Export to PDF, Excel, Google Sheets and more.
- Use Activity Log to see who’s accessing report content, and when.
10,000ft resource management
Resource management: Find the best project team, resolve conflicts, and forecast hiring needs.
- Project budgeting: See planned versus actual hours spent to keep projects on budget.
- Portfolio management: Confidently schedule projects based on team capacity.
- Time tracking: Make it easy for team members to submit their hours with pre-filled time sheets.
- Reporting: Understand performance across the business, spot trends, and plan for growth.
Send rows from a sheet or report to anyone via email.
- Give collaborators updates via email on a single row of a sheet.
- Drive clarity in complex projects by isolating and sending only the information a collaborator needs.
- Exclude visibility of certain columns in the role for even more granular sharing.
Any user can set up automated requests that are triggered by preset rules.
- Send update requests to get updated by any collaborator on key rows — whether they have a Smartsheet account or not.
- Choose which columns you want collaborators to see.
- Send requests once, or set up recurring requests.
- Stakeholders can easily respond on any device using a simple form to add or change information.