Smartsheet Named by Google as One of the First Solutions “Recommended for Google Apps for Work”
BELLEVUE, Wash. — Nov. 3, 2015 – Today during the Web Summit conference in Dublin, Ireland, President of Google for Work Amit Singh named Smartsheet as one of the first solutions in the new “Recommended for Google Apps for Work” program.
The program is designed to help Google customers discover solutions that work best with their existing productivity tools and to find apps they can trust, such as Smartsheet’s collaborative work and project management solution. Smartsheet works with Google Apps to empower users to organize work their own way, and to easily connect with the people and content necessary to make work happen faster and easier.
“We are committed to providing our customers with a seamless product experience and they often ask us about solutions that work best with Google Apps,” said Rahul Sood, managing director, Google Apps for Work, Google. “As part of the Recommended for Google Apps for Work program, customers can trust that partner solutions such as Smartsheet undergo rigorous reviews for integration quality and a comprehensive assessment of security policies, including application penetration testing that all partners have to go through to be included in this initiative.”
Smartsheet began working with Google in 2010 with the initial launch of the G Suite Marketplace, and became one of the first ISVs to be designated a Premier Technology Partner in 2014.
“We run our business 100% in the cloud - you won’t find a pen, a pad of paper or a server here” said Brian Manning, President & Chief Digital Officer for Centric Digital. “As an example, we’ve combined Google Apps for collaborating real-time on documents, and Smartsheet for real-time visibility into project status and work management. This has been fundamental to exceeding client expectations with efficient delivery, co-creation and access to our work from anywhere.”
Smartsheet’s collaborative work management solution integrates across the Google Apps for Work product suite, including Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, Forms, Sheets, Gmail, and Hangouts.
Benefits of using Smartsheet with Google Apps include::
- Easy administration and use. Administrators can add Smartsheet for all users directly from their administration consoles.
- Single sign–on. Sign-on to Smartsheet with Google credentials to provide seamless access to accounts.
- Secure storage. Access and store documents in Google Drive directly from the context of work in Smartsheet.
- G Suite Marketplace availability. Individuals with proper administrative privileges can use self-service to add Smartsheet directly from the G Suite Marketplace.
- Shared dates. Synchronize dates in Smartsheet with Google Calendar to always see the latest dates.
- Instant meetings. Start a Google Hangout from within Smartsheet with everyone currently collaborating on the same work.
- Gmail integration. Update work in Smartsheet directly from inside Gmail.
- Form data collection. Collect responses to Google Forms in Smartsheet to organize them and take additional actions.
- Merge document data. Use lists of data in Smartsheet to generate multiple customized Google Docs.
- Mobile access. Access work in Smartsheet from anywhere with the Smartsheet Android App.
"We're seeing significant customer momentum away from traditional applications and toward cloud services and Google Apps for Work," said Mark Mader, CEO, Smartsheet. "The tight fit between Smartsheet and Google Apps for Work productivity tools helps organizations empower their employees to do their best work. Customers are the clear beneficiaries of Google's increasing focus on customer success and productivity through vetted and proven integrations with products like Smartsheet."
Companies interested in learning more about Smartsheet and our integration with Google Apps for Work may visit the Smartsheet listing in the G Suite Marketplace.
Google Apps for Work resellers interested in learning more about partnering with Smartsheet may visit our website for a special offer.
Smartsheet, a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) company, offers businesses an intuitive collaboration and work management platform. The ease of use of the familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing, work automation and Gantt chart features, have made it a popular and highly functional collaboration and project management tool. Additionally, Smartsheet offers mobile apps, pre-built templates, and integrations with leading cloud apps such as Box, Dropbox, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365 and Google for Work to ensure users are up and running quickly. Visit www.smartsheet.com for more details.