Simple Client Profile Template
Complete this simple client profile template to define your organization’s ideal client with a detailed description of who you’re selling your products or services to. By clarifying your target audience, you can better understand what to do to improve your products and services to meet demand. Use this template to identify additional sales opportunities and how you might adjust your strategies to meet clients’ needs.
Download Simple Client Profile Template
Client Persona Worksheet Template
This client persona worksheet is the perfect for companies looking for a detailed, all-in-one method to use to define their ideal client personas. This template provides space for adding a target persona image, and sections for persona information, goals and motivations, values and work methods, and characteristics that apply to your product. Start specifying the personas of your client base with this easy-to-fill template.
For more on customer personas, see “Easy Steps to Create a Buyer Persona Using Free Customer Profile Templates.”
Download Client Persona Worksheet Template
Confidential Client Profile Template
Designed with discretion in mind, this confidential client profile helps your organization handle private client information appropriately. Whatever your business, this template ensures that all client-sensitive material — such as attorney or accountant information, assets, and insurance details — remains confidential. You can easily fill in client details, including contact information, family details, advisors, assets, and liabilities.
Download Confidential Client Profile Template
Individual Client Profile Template
Understanding individual clients can help ensure that you use suitable selling strategies that lead to better long-term partnerships. Track individual client profile information for a better understanding of your company’s offerings, and how they match your client’s needs. There are built-in sections for adding your company’s area of specialization, individual client’s demographic details, and which solutions to offer them. Regardless of your line of work, this individual client profile template is perfect for accurately gathering all relevant client-profile information.
Download Individual Client Profile Template
New Client Profile Template
Keep tabs on new and prospective clients with this easy-to-use new client profile template. This customizable template includes sections for contact, occupation, emergency contact, and best method of contact, as well as how they came to hear about your business. Use a new client profile to better understand your clients and where there might be room for growth and opportunity.
Download New Client Profile Template
Client Profile Questionnaire Template
This client profile questionnaire helps you personalize client profile information. The template guides you through a set of questions to identify how you can better serve a client’s needs. This template includes the following three questionnaire sections:
- Client Demographics: Enter the age, gender, education level, occupation, location, household composition, and other details to get a clearer idea of your client.
- Client Psychographics: Enter the client psychographics (descriptive traits of clients and their psychological attributes), including hobby, cultural, and entertainment preferences. Additionally, specify what obstacles your product or service would help them overcome, why a client might hesitate to try it, how much these clients spend on similar products, and how often they purchase such products.
- Marketing Direction: Enter details pertaining to what channels would best reach this client profile, if promotions are applicable, and which new products or services would attract this client.
Download Client Profile Questionnaire Template
Ideal Client Profile Template
Defining your ideal client will help you to make client-specific decisions in regards to the products or services that you offer. Additionally, by tracking your specific, ideal client’s profile information, you gain a competitive advantage. This ideal client profile template provides space to specify your primary client’s demographic and psychographic details, so you can gain insight into effective target marketing.
Download Ideal Client Profile Template
Real Estate Client Profile
As a real estate professional, it’s crucial to have existing and prospective client information readily available for potential property sales and purchases. Use this real estate client profile template to establish profiles for clientele to record their contact details, real estate interests (sell, buy, rent, etc.), housing timeline, type of property, price range, preferred property ZIP code, style, number of bedrooms and baths, and school district wish list. Grow your real estate client base and continue expanding your unique offerings by using this real estate-specific client profile template.
For more on real estate client management, see “Real Estate Project Management.”
Download Real Estate Client Profile
Client Onboarding Template
Use this template to effectively onboard new clients so they can begin using your products and services as soon as possible. This template provides space to schedule onboarding activities, track the status of milestones, and assign tasks to particular team members. This all-in-one client onboarding template is the perfect tool for comprehensive client onboarding, so that any team member can immediately get up to speed on any client-specific details, and take any necessary action for successful onboarding.
For more on successful client onboarding, see “The Definitive Guide to Client Onboarding.”
What Is a Client Profile?
A client profile is a comprehensive portrait of your target audience that includes information on client demographic, persona, psychographic, and purchasing habits, and allows you to specify how the client might benefit from your business offerings.
By clarifying your ideal — or actual — clients, you gain a better understanding of what they’re looking for and whether you need to adjust your offerings and strategies to meet their needs. Without sufficient client profile information, you risk missing sales opportunities that would have been apparent by having completed client profiles.
Client profiles are also a useful method for recording precise client profile information. As it stands, you might not have an exact picture of your ideal or actual clients or what they’re seeking from your business. As a result, you may miss an opportunity for sales and growth.
Tips for Creating a Client Profile
A client profile template enables you to better understand your clients, and indicates where there might be room for improvement. When creating comprehensive client profiles, include the following seven pieces of information:
- Client Demographics: Enter your actual or ideal clients’ age, gender, education level, occupation, location, household composition, and other demographic details to get a clearer idea of who they are and what they’re looking for from your company.
- Client Psychographics: Enter the client psychographics, including hobby, cultural, and entertainment preferences. Specify what obstacles your product or service would help them overcome, how much clients spend on products like yours, and how often they purchase them.
- Client Attributes: Describe your client by answering the following questions:
- What market does your product/service target?
- What vertical does your client operate in?
- Client Company Details: Provide client-specific details about what the client is facing, and how your services might be able to help them, by answering the following:
- What are the biggest challenges the client faces?
- What does "success" look like to the client?
- Client Personas: In addition to ideal client demographic information, further define your client’s persona by answering the following questions:
- How will the client use your product or service?
- What are the key responsibilities for a client's role?
- Client Benefits from Your Offerings: Specify the benefits a client should reap if they use your products or services by answering questions such as following:
- What value do your offerings provide your ideal client?
- What differentiates your offering from a competitor?
- How does your solution fit into the client's short and long-term goals?
- Marketing Direction: Enter details pertaining to which channels would best reach this client profile, if promotions are applicable, and what new products or services would attract this client.
Streamline Data Collection with Smartsheet Forms
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.