Contract Management Template
Download Contract Management Template
Easily manage your contracts, track details, chart performance indicators, and oversee budgets with this comprehensive contract management template.
- In the Deliverables section, list contract items, notes, due dates, dates delivered, budget statuses, exceptions details, and performance indicators, such as Healthy, At Risk, or Progress Halted.
- In the Payment section, note payment terms and statuses, such as Invoice Sent, Payment Received, or Incentive/Rebate. You can also include contract amendment history details, such as amendment number and a summary of changes.
- In the Reports and Audits section, record progress to ensure that you meet contractual obligations and goals.
Use this comprehensive contract management template set to equip your team with the necessary tools to manage all of your contracts.
Contract Tracking Template
Download Contract Tracking Template
The success of a business and the satisfaction of its clients relies upon the accurate tracking of contractual obligations and deliverables. This fully customizable, all-inclusive template helps managers track the following critical components of contract management:
- Finances: List contract title, reference number, account code, cost center, payment terms, contract cost, and total approved contract budget. This template calculates total cumulative costs automatically and includes a section that indicates whether the contract is within budget.
- Deliverables and Performance: List contract deliverables, due dates, milestones, and formal review and performance criteria.
- Risk: List the issue, the level of risk, the potential impact, and any mitigation action or resolution details.
With this template, any team member can easily review a contract’s details and track its status. By doing so, teams can ensure successful contract deliverables and management.
To learn more, read this guide to effective contract management.
Simple Contract Management Template
Download Simple Contract Management Template
This simple contract management template is the perfect tool to help you record contract-by-contract details. Enter contract title, contract number, scope, coverage information, terms and conditions, deliverables, and payment information. By doing so, you can ensure the reliable documentation of contract-specific items. This easy-to-use template provides a comprehensive method for recording contract details and statuses.
Contract Management Framework Template
Download Contract Management Framework Template
With this contract management framework template, you can capture vital contract information and track items as they progress. Businesses that need reliable methods of recording contractual information can use this template to identify key details and deliverables for every contract.
Contract Management Log Template
Download Contract Management Log Template
When finalizing contracts, it is critical that managers precisely and accurately record contract details. Failing to do so means risking future upsell opportunities and compromising client trust. This comprehensive contract management log template enables managers to capture the details of new, existing, and potential contracts to help ensure enduring, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
Contract Management Plan Template
Download Contract Management Plan Template
This dynamic contract management plan template helps managers anticipate and record contractual information and to better keep track of business contracts. Once a manager has gathered contractual particulars from clients and recorded them in the template, they can confidently manage multiple contracts within a single, simple framework.
Contract Management Policy Template
Download Contract Management Policy Template
Keep accurate contractual records with this contract management policy template. Use the spacious Contract Terms and Conditions section to record policy-specific details. For overseeing the status of individual contract items, record which items are healthy or at risk or where progress has halted in the Performance Status section.
Contract Management Dashboard Template
Download Contract Management Dashboard Template
Designed with contract key performance indicators (KPIs) in mind, this contract management dashboard template helps teams accurately record contract performance, trends, budget details, and profit margins. This fully customizable template allows you to track KPIs such as debt-to-equity ratio, product or service details, net expenses, and revenue. Use the automated bar and graph charts to provide simple visual overviews to both team members and stakeholders.
Contract Management Audit Template
Download Contract Management Audit Template
Use this comprehensive contract management audit template to ensure that you’ve kept contract details up-to-date and accurate, assigned contract management roles, and secured all necessary approvals. By doing so, managers can perform in-depth reviews of contracts, improve their effectiveness, and keep contractual records organized and accurate. This dynamic template will keep all contract team members apprised of updates and help determine the appropriate actions for improving client and vendor partnerships.
Contract Management Issues Log Template
Download Contract Management Issues Log Template
Stay up to date on contractual obligations with this all-in-one contract management issues log template. Enter the issue number, description, status, priority, and assignee, and note whether each issue is open or closed. By doing so, managers can track each contract-related issue with ease. Generate pie charts in the Status Tallies and Priority Tallies sections to provide an intuitive, visual tool that will help you manage issue details for all of your contracts.
Contract Management Reporting Template
Download Contract Management Reporting Template
This contract management reporting template helps you organize and manage details for multiple contracts. With this template’s customizable and streamlined layout, managers can keep contract account team members apprised of contract-by-contract details, such as contract title, scope, manager, deliverables, payment, and payment history. By using this template, managers can more effectively oversee contract commencement and expiration dates and more proactively supervise contracts.
Construction Contract Management Template
Download Construction Contract Management Template
Use this construction contract management template to track client contract details, provide your contract management team with up-to-date information, and increase customer satisfaction. Ensure that you have the most recent information for your construction contracts by entering a contract project summary, contract data, and contract project schedule information, such as initial deadlines and completion dates. Construction project managers, foremen, contractors, and subcontractors can use this dynamic template to guarantee complete contract compliance.
Contract Management Strategy Template
Download Contract Management Strategy Template
Keep budgets and other contractual obligations aligned with your overall business strategy with this visually rich dashboard template. This dynamic template allows you to monitor contract-by-contract details and to track progress over time. Fully customizable example text includes sections to record budget information, profit margins, and debt-to-equity ratios. Plug in the key performance indicators that are most relevant to your contracts so that you can monitor progress at a glance.
What Is a Contract Management Template?
A contract management template helps you track a contract’s scope, terms and conditions, deliverables, statuses, payment details, due dates, risks, resolutions, and amendment histories. Using an effective template, you can anticipate contractual needs, then proactively record and chart progress.
Successful contract management allows you to capture contract details, track progress over time, and gain insights that help you continually improve your contract management processes. With an effective contract management template, you can keep contractual obligations organized for easy reference.
Though contract management templates vary, most include the following sections:
- Title: Enter a unique title for the contract.
- Number: Enter a unique number for the contract for future reference.
- Scope and Coverage: Enter contract scope details such as vendors, service providers, or contract extension options.
- Commencement Date: Enter the date on which the contract begins.
- Expiration Date: Enter the last day that the contract is valid.
- Terms and Conditions: Enter the contractual obligations and rights of each party related to the contract.
- Deliverables: Enter details for each contract deliverable, including deliverable name, due date, exceptions, description, and date delivered.
- Payment: Enter contract payment details, including terms, payment received date, invoice sent and received dates, and any incentives or rebates.
- Amendment History: Track the history of any contractual amendments and add a unique amendment number and description for future reference.
Additionally, contract management templates often include the following items to further define a contract and its related deliverables.
- Performance Status: Enter the performance indicator status, such as Healthy, At Risk, or Progress Halted, either for the contract as a whole or for each deliverable.
- Adherence to Standards: Enter a status for meeting your budget-related contract standards, such as Under, On, or Over.
- Major Issues and Risks: Enter any issues or risks related to the contract, including the likelihood, impact, and overall influence of each. Also include details regarding mitigation action for each issue or risk.
- Date Delivered: Enter the completion date of contract deliverables.
- Reports and Audits: Enter details for any reports or audits of the contract, including report name, description, due date, and date delivered.
- Signature of Approval: Finalize the contract with approvals from the required signatories.
No matter the industry, identifying and recording contract details is essential for the effective, seamless management of contracts. As your contract team and business grow, standardize your contract management practices and anticipate contractual needs with ease by using contract management templates.
Get the Most Out of Contract Management with Smartsheet for Project Management
From simple task management and project planning to complex resource and portfolio management, Smartsheet helps you improve collaboration and increase work velocity -- empowering you to get more done. The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed. When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.
From simple task management and project planning to complex resource and portfolio management, Smartsheet helps you improve collaboration and increase work velocity -- empowering you to get more done.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.