Project Organization Chart Template
Download Project Organization Chart Template
Use this simple, reusable project organization chart template to create an organizational structure that defines the relationships between team members on projects and programs. This template includes sections for a project’s steering committee, sponsor(s), manager, and additional team members, and is available in Microsoft Word and Google Docs as an individual project organization chart template, as well as in PowerPoint as a shareable presentation template.
To learn more about project organizational chart templates in Microsoft Word and see reports, read “Free Organizational Chart Templates for Microsoft Word.”
Project Team Organizational Chart Template
Download Project Team Organizational Chart Template
Use this visually rich project template to show the organizational structure of your project-specific team to coworkers, clients, and other stakeholders. Designed with space for photos of each team member, this personable report keeps everyone apprised of your project team members’ roles, and familiarizes all relevant personnel with a project’s key players.
To learn more about creating org charts in Microsoft Excel, see “How to Create Organizational Charts in Microsoft Excel in Minutes.”
Matrix Project Teams Org Chart Template
Download Matrix Project Teams Org Chart Template
Use this matrix project teams org chart template to keep the members of your team and other stakeholders apprised of your project’s organizational structure. Get the big picture of your project’s finalized or in-progress hierarchy, including sub-teams, with this completely customizable and shareable template.
To learn more about creating org charts in Microsoft Word, see “How to Create Organizational Charts in Microsoft Word.”
RACI Matrix by Assignment Template
Download RACI Matrix by Assignment Template
Clarify project roles and responsibilities using this RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed) matrix by assignment template. This template can help members of your team, stakeholders, management, and project sponsors quickly understand the components and stages of your project, and who is responsible for each project task. Enter individual ownership and accountability information for each task, so that anyone can quickly assess the state of — and players in — your project.
Project Plan Template
Track every component of your project plan with this ready-made project plan template. Enter work breakdown structure (WBS) codes, status (e.g., Not Started, In Progress, etc.), start and end dates, duration, and comment details for each task to keep you on schedule. This comprehensive template provides space for all project-specific details, so you can assure stakeholders that every aspect is accounted for.
Gantt Chart Project Template
Download Gantt Chart Project Template
Gain a solid understanding of your project’s task owners and deadlines with this visually rich Gantt chart project template. Enter task-by-task project details, including task ID, task title, task owner, dates, due date, duration (in days), percentage of task complete, week-by-week progress, to ensure your project is progressing smoothly and on time.
How to Use a Project Organization Template
Successful project organization templates provide immediate insight into a project’s personnel hierarchy. These templates also show the status of each project component and any roadblocks to achieving successful project completion.
A customizable project organization template allows you to modify the team players to fit your project’s structural needs, while also giving you details about each team member, so you can clearly see who’s responsible for each individual project task. While project organization templates vary, they typically include the following sections:
- Project Title: Choose a project name that accurately communicates the nature of the project to all team members and other stakeholders.
- Project Manager: Enter the name of the project’s primary manager. This person is responsible for keeping the project’s logistics in line, meeting project milestones, and alerting team members to any project risks.
- Steering Committee: Enter the team member(s) or managers who are overseeing and providing support for the project on behalf of key stakeholders.
- Sponsor(s): Enter the names of the sponsors who own the project on behalf of the organization. The project sponsors define the project so that the project manager can deliver it.
Additionally, project organization templates frequently include the following project-organization-specific components:
- Task ID: Enter the unique identification number to track individual tasks.
- Task Title: Enter the name of the “parent” task or subtask for a team member to complete.
- Task Owner: Enter the name of the team member responsible for each individual project task.
- Start Date: Enter the date that the individual project team member must start the project task.
- Due Date: Enter the date that the project team member must complete the project task by.
- Duration in Days: Enter the duration-in-days range between the project task start and due dates.
- Percentage of Task Complete: Enter the percentage of task completion for each individual project task.
- Project Phase Details: Enter week-by-week and day-by-day phase details for each individual project task.
By defining and agreeing upon a single-source project-organization tracking system from the outset, you, your team, and all additional stakeholders can rest assured that your project will progress and conclude smoothly.
Streamline Project Organization with Real-Time Work Management in Smartsheet
From simple task management and project planning to complex resource and portfolio management, Smartsheet helps you improve collaboration and increase work velocity -- empowering you to get more done. The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed. When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.
From simple task management and project planning to complex resource and portfolio management, Smartsheet helps you improve collaboration and increase work velocity -- empowering you to get more done.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.