Quality Control Plan Template
Download Quality Control Plan Template
Ensure that you proactively meet production standards with this comprehensive quality control plan template. Enter the unique standard operating procedure (SOP) number in order to monitor progress and improvements, Next, enter the process step, specifications, the methods of measurement and control, and the decision or corrective measures, if any. Use this template to facilitate a failsafe quality control process and maintain high-quality production standards.
For more details on improving your quality control practices, read “Where Data Serves People: Benefits of the Continuous Quality Improvement Approach.”
Quality Control Program Template
Download Quality Control Program Template
Improve your quality control practices with this extensive, long-form quality control program template. Use this template to guide you in writing a successful quality control plan, including quality standards, objectives, roles, responsibilities, deliverables, processes, and quality control milestones. This customizable template allows you to add or edit sections to suit your quality control plan needs, and it includes instructional text for each section to help ensure that you meet and maintain your production standards.
Project Management Quality Control Template
Keep your quality control team on track to meet higher production standards with this free project management quality control template. Simply enter the unique defect ID number that corresponds to the quality control issue and describe the defect type (e.g., functionality, architectural, connectivity, security and controls, usability). The template also allows you to specify the person who detected the issue, as well as the issue’s priority, severity, and status, along with any plans to fix it.
For more on optimizing quality control in project management, read “A Quality Principle: Everything You Need to Know about Total Quality Management.”
Construction Quality Control Daily Report Template
Download Construction Quality Control Daily Report Template
Use this construction quality control daily report template to ensure quality standards for contractors’ and subcontractors’ construction work. Enter project information, work-in-progress (WIP) descriptions, equipment used, number of workers, and hours worked. This template also includes ample space to note details on received materials and inspections, tests performed, and test results, all to help ensure that you uphold and record your construction-related quality control processes.
Quality Control Log Template
Download Quality Control Log Template
This template is designed to record issue-by-issue output details for quality control purposes and provides a framework for tracking any production item that might compromise first-rate output. Enter a unique issue number, status, description, category, assignee, and any relevant comments about the issue, so that you can resolve it in a timely manner. This way, project managers or other production team members can review each issue, determine its severity, and work with developers to find a fix prior to production.
For resources on how you can improve your quality-control practices, see “Quality Improvement Processes: The Basics and Beyond.”
Manufacturing Quality Control Template
Download Manufacturing Quality Control Template
Keep your manufacturing team on track for high-caliber output with this manufacturing quality control template. The template allows you to easily track date-specific manufacturing imperfections, and it auto-calculates the daily average mean, sample mean (average of all means), standard deviation, sample standard deviation, and lower and upper control limits. The Control Chart tab provides a visual representation of average daily imperfections and control limits, as compared to your desired perfection level. Use this unique manufacturing quality control template to meet your departmental goals and produce increased quality control rates.
To learn more about optimizing quality using Six Sigma methodology (which originated in the manufacturing industry), read “Free Lean Six Sigma Templates.”
Product Quality Control Sample Chart Template
Download Product Quality Control Sample Chart Template
This product quality control sample chart template allows you to enter all the details relevant to an imperfection you find during the production or testing stages. Once you’ve entered details about the quality control tech, equipment ID, and desired quality level, list each quality control issue’s number of imperfections. The template will auto-tally the mean, sample mean, standard deviation, sample standard deviation, lower control limit, and upper control limit. The Control Chart tab provides a visual diagram that tracks your desired level of production quality, so that engineers and QC techs can triage each issue and provide quality control corrections as soon as possible.
Quality Control Policy Template
Download Quality Control Policy Template
Use this quality control policy template to establish and enforce your organization’s or department’s quality control policy. While quality assurance (QA) is focused on quality process, quality control is focused on output quality — and you need a comprehensive document to ensure this level of quality control. Use this template to specify your QC policy, so that all production personnel understand and adhere to it. Enter the broad strokes of your QC policy in the Quality Control Action Plan Overview section, and use the Quality Standards, Quality Objectives, Quality Roles and Responsibilities, Deliverables and Processes Subject to Quality Review, and Quality Control Milestones sections to list section-specific notes. This template will help ensure that you account for every aspect of QC and that all team members are in compliance with your QC policy.
Quality Control Statement Template
Download Quality Control Statement Template
Keep all production-output stakeholders in the loop regarding the expectations for your quality control standards with this quality control statement template. This template allows you to provide personnel with a QC statement directive, so that you have a shared understanding of your organization’s QC output expectations. This template helps optimize your production quality and ensure a higher rate of overall quality control.
Quality Control Action Plan Sample Template
Download Quality Control Action Plan Sample Template
Use this quality control action plan sample template to guide you through the common sections of a quality control (QC) action plan. You can add, edit, or remove text or sections to suit your quality control plan needs. The template includes sample tables of what you might include, but all sections are customizable. Fill out this template to create a solid, unique QC action plan.
Software Quality Control Plan Template
Ensure that your production-output team is on target to produce high-quality products and services with this free software quality control plan template. Similar to a software QA plan, which focuses on the process of creating quality, this software QC plan focuses on ensuring that you have everything in place for quality output. Use this template to guide you through the common steps of an all-inclusive software QC plan to meet — and exceed — your production team’s quality control goals and deliver excellent products.
What Is a Quality Control Template?
A quality control template helps you establish and maintain production standards. Use a quality control plan template to define, plan, and document your quality control standards and to test output samples against your standards to ensure the delivery of high-caliber products.
While quality assurance focuses on the process of managing the condition of your output, quality control focuses on verifying the excellence of production output. QC templates help you establish a process to create, maintain, and improve your production quality standards. By specifying QC standards, you define the caliber against which QC technicians, QC inspectors, project managers, developers, manufacturing personnel, and other QC roles can measure their output. With strong quality control, you can expect to see well-managed production processes and a higher grade of product, project, or service output.
A quality control template is crucial to plan and document your quality control goals, production effectiveness, and testing efforts, as well as to determine room for improvement.
Quality control templates typically include the following:
- Quality Control Action Plan: Enter a high-level overview of your QC action plan for your project, product, or service.
- Quality Control Change Process: Enter details relating to how you will document and communicate any changes or improvements you make to the QC process.
- Quality Control Documented Standards: Enter details applicable to your QC practices and procedures.
- Quality Control Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Enter any details related to the KPIs you will use to measure the effectiveness of the QC objectives.
- Quality Control Milestones: Enter details relating to how and when you will monitor QC and how you will meet and record milestones.
- Quality Control Objectives: Enter QC objectives, including specifications, characteristics, uniformity, effectiveness, reduced imperfections, reduced bugs, cycle time, cost, resources, dependability, etc.
- Quality Control Responsibilities: Enter the names of any QC sponsors, technicians, project managers, and other resources necessary for your QC process.
- Quality Control Steps: Enter steps in the process that relate to your organization’s operating practices or procedures, and how you will enforce high QC standards.
- Quality Control Testing: Enter details related to your QC testing criteria, including inspection and audit programs, at various stages of production testing.
- Quality Standards: Enter details for any product or industry quality control standards that apply to your project or product’s quality control action plan.
While QC templates often differ, some also include the following more particular sections to further ensure high-level QC production output:
- Decision or Corrective Action: Enter details of any decisions or corrective actions resulting from the QC testing data.
- Desired Level: Enter the desired level of production perfection (e.g., 95%, 100%).
- Lower Control Limit: In a QC chart, the lower control limit (LCL) line indicates the number below which any single data point is outside of statistical control because of “special cause” variation.
- Mean: This is the daily average for each individual production imperfection. Often, the template will auto-calculate this figure.
- Method of Control: Enter the QC method applied for controlling the quality of production output according to specified standards.
- Method of Measurement: Enter the QC method applied for quantifying the quality of production output, according to your expected standards.
- Number of Imperfections: Note the number of production imperfections in each sample.
- QC Tech: Enter the name of the QC tech testing output samples against QC specifications.
- Process Step: Enter the particular process step in the production process related to the item you are testing against QC.
- Sample Mean: This is the average of all means for all production imperfections. This figure is also often auto-calculated by the template.
- Sample Size: Enter the number of observations or replications in the production sample to compare with your QC standards.
- Sample Standard Deviation: This is the measurement for the spread of data distribution between each production imperfection and the mean. This figure is often auto-calculated.
- SOP Number: Enter the unique standard operating procedure (SOP) number related to instructions for monitoring QC progress and improvements.
- Specifications: Enter the requirements that define the quality of your product, project, or service.
- Standard Deviation: This commonly auto-calculated figure refers to the distribution of the production-imperfection data in relation to the means.
- Upper Control Limit: In a QC chart, the upper control limit (UCL) marks the point beyond which a production sample is a “special cause” variation.
Built Strong Quality Control Processes with Real-Time Work Management in Smartsheet
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change. The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed. When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.