Project Quality Plan Template
Download Project Quality Plan Template
Ensure that you meet — and even exceed — your project standards with this comprehensive project quality plan template. Enter details of your project’s quality action plan (a high-level overview of your project’s quality standards), including project quality objectives, standards, and key performance indicators (KPIs). Additionally, enter information about project-quality deliverables and process, roles and responsibilities, and quality-control milestones. This template also features Document History and Document Approvals sections so that it’s clear to all stakeholders what project quality changes have been made and who has authorized them.
Download free project management plan templates to help ensure your team is on track.
Project Quality Checklist Template
Download Project Quality Checklist Template
Use this project quality checklist template to set expectations for your projects’ quality level and to gain buy-in from key stakeholders on document project quality issues. This customizable template comes with sample text, and you can tailor the document to fit any type of project. Easily assign a quality issue related to your project to a colleague, designate priority and severity levels, and keep tabs on the issue’s status as it is being investigated. This template is the perfect checklist for enforcing project quality standards and ensuring that you resolve project-related issues in a timely manner.
To learn more, read this guide to total quality management.
Project Quality Example Template
Download Project Quality Example Template
Keep all project quality stakeholders in the know with this comprehensive project quality example template. The template includes sample text to guide you through the process of ensuring quality projects. Enter a quality plan action overview, standards, objectives, roles and responsibilities, project deliverables and processes, and milestones. This template can help you optimize your project quality standards for a higher rate of overall project-related quality.
Use a free project documentation template to track documents for any project and maintain quality.
Project Quality Management Plan Template
Download Project Quality Management Plan Template
Improve your projects with this easy-to-use project quality management plan template. Document any quality-compromising issues that might arise in your project, including expected results compared to actual results. You can also collect information about each quality issue, including date, description, tester, and their comments. This completely customizable template lets you edit section and column names to suit your needs, and ensure you successfully record your projects’ quality standards.
Read this guide to quality improvement processes to find tips for improving projects.
Project Quality Assurance Plan Template
Download Project Quality Assurance Plan Template
Keep your project team on track for high-quality production standards with this project quality assurance plan template. Enter a unique issue number for each issue, assign it a status (On Track, At Risk, etc.), and complete the sections for description, category, priority, and the assignee responsible for fixing the issue. You can also add details around who raised the issue, whether it’s been completely fixed or not (e.g., Open or Closed status), and any additional comments and how it affects overall project quality.
Project Quality Review Template
Download Project Quality Review Template
Use this simple yet comprehensive project quality review template to establish your project quality standards and enforce them on an issue-by-issue or project-by-project basis. Enter project overview details (e.g., problem or issue, purpose of project, business case, goals/metrics, expected deliverables), tentative schedule (including key milestones), resources, costs, process owner, key stakeholders, final customer, and expected benefits. A Risks, Constraints, and Assumptions section allows you to provide project quality standards and info on what you can do to guarantee your project lives up to those goals.
Project Quality Report Template
Download Project Quality Report Template
Designed to record every aspect of your projects’ quality levels, this all-inclusive report template provides a framework for project-by-project quality needs and tracking issues, as well as ensuring that it is corrected. The first step is to enter your project’s executive summary, which provides an overview of quality-related factors, including analysis of current quality, conclusions, and improvement recommendations. Next, enter project scope, deliverables, work breakdown structure (WBS), schedule baseline, and milestone list, etc. Use the unique Quality Management Plan section to describe and define the quality processes, including those for continuous improvement, quality governance, metrics, and reporting frequency and methods.
Construction Project Quality Plan Template
Download Construction Project Quality Plan Template
Keep your construction crew and stakeholders on track for delivering high-quality projects and looping in clients with this construction project quality plan template. Easily track project-specific contractor or subcontractor activity details, quality-inspection details, test details, received-materials details, and more. Use this unique construction project quality plan template to meet — and beat — your defined construction project quality goals, resulting in higher-quality rankings and happier clients.
Project Quality Audit Template
Download Project Quality Audit Template
This project quality audit template allows you to enter all criteria relevant to a project quality audit, with the aim of improved project quality. The template features a project-specific, item-by-item list of project quality components. Start by entering the unique standard operating procedure (SOP) number related to instructions for monitoring project quality and process step (in the project production process related to the project-quality item). Continue to enter any specifications details and other relevant qualitative measurements. The end result is a Decision / Corrective Action column for notes about how to make project quality improvements for each project element.
What Is a Project Quality Management Plan Template?
A project quality management plan template is a documented framework to ensure you have defined, met, and even exceeded your project standards. Use a project quality management plan template as a guide to document your project quality standards.
While quality control (QC) focuses on verifying the quality of output and quality assurance (QA) focuses on managing quality, project quality management focuses on improving project quality. Project quality templates help you establish standards for your organization to maintain and perpetually improve quality. By specifying project quality standards, you enable project managers, QA and QC personnel, construction contractors and subcontractors, and other project team personnel to help plan and track the quality of each component.
A project quality template is instrumental in planning and documenting your projects’ quality standards and typically includes the following components:
- Project Name: Enter the unique name of the project that you’re planning, tracking, and delivering a high-quality product or service.
- Project Quality Plan Overview: Provide a high-level overview of the project quality processes that will ensure a high quality standard for your projects.
- Project Quality Objectives: Include any project quality objectives, such as specifications, characteristics, uniformity, effectiveness, details on reducing imperfections or bugs, cycle time, resources, etc.
- Project Quality Steps: List steps to ensure project quality, including those in the project process that relate to your organization’s operating practices or procedures
- Project Quality Responsibilities: Document the names and roles for project quality assurance, including sponsors, project management, and other resources for the project quality process.
- Project Quality Standards: Provide detailed project quality standards, including applicable practices, procedures, and instructions for ensuring high-quality projects.
- Project Quality Deliverables: Add the details of your project quality objectives for the overall deliverables.
- Project Quality Milestones: Include details for how and when project quality will be checked (requirements analysis, user acceptance testing, etc.).
- Project Quality KPIs: List the details of how you will use KPIs for measuring the effectiveness of your project quality objectives.
While project quality templates often differ, some also include the following details related to project quality standardizations and improvements:
- Defect ID: Add unique numbers for each defect where you want to improve the quality.
- Defect Type: Write a brief description of the type of defect that needs to be resolved.
- Problem Area: Provide a brief description of the component of each defect of the project whose quality you want to improve.
- Severity: Assign a severity level for each defect.
- Priority: Allocate a priority level (e.g., low, medium, high) for resolving each defect to ensure project quality .
- Status: Select a status for each defect (On Track, Potential Risk, etc.).
- Expected Result: Share the expected behavior for each component.
- Actual Result: Explain the actual behavior for each recorded component.
- Decision / Corrective Action: Provide a brief description of the decision or corrective action to remedy the defect.
Maintain High-Level Project Quality with Smartsheet
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change. The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed. When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.