Last Updated: November 2018
Smartsheet personnel (“Personnel”) may occasionally be requested to travel in support of Customer. Smartsheet is committed to ensuring that employees who travel on company business do so comfortably, conveniently and safely. To ensure consistency, the following guidelines have been developed to document and clarify what are allowable business expenses that will be billed to Customer. Smartsheet will invoice based on actual costs incurred except as otherwise specified below. Smartsheet will invoice Customer and Customer will pay all invoices in accordance with the Agreement. Receipts will be provided upon request for items billed at actual cost.
- All flights under 4 hours will be booked coach/economy class. International airline travel and flights over 4 hours may be booked economy plus and Smartsheet will invoice Customer based on actual costs incurred.
- Reservations should be made at least fourteen (14) days in advance of travel for domestic trips and at least twenty-one (21) days in advance for international trips unless Customer requests travel with less notice.
- Non-refundable, non-changeable tickets should be booked whenever possible to reduce cost.
- If the airline charges a baggage fee for the first checked bag such costs will be included for reimbursement.
- Rental Cars: Personnel will rent a mid-size car, or smaller, unless otherwise requested by Customer. Personnel will refuel the car before returning to avoid unnecessary fueling charges. Additional liability insurance will not be included for domestic US car rentals but will be included for international car rentals.
- Other Ground Transportation: Reimbursement for taxis, trains, subways and buses are allowed for transportation to and from the airport or rental car facility and/or for when a rental car will not be used. Any tips should not exceed fifteen percent (15%) of the cost of the trip.
- Mileage: If Customer’s location is within two hundred (200) miles or three (3) hours’ drive from Personnel’s workplace, Personnel may use their own vehicle to drive to Customer’s location. If Personnel drive their own vehicle to the airport they will deduct the mileage from their home to their workplace, and include the difference as billable to Customer. Customer will reimburse the miles traveled at the current IRS rate. For current mileage reimbursement rates, please refer to Privately Owned Vehicle Mileage Reimbursement Rates at www.gsa.gov/mileage.
- Parking/Tolls: Parking fees and toll charges associated with airports, business travel or for the Customer location are reimbursable.
Hotel & Lodging
- Customer will reimburse Smartsheet for reasonable lodging costs to include any taxes or lodging fees imposed by the facility.
- Hotel bills should be itemized and not include any personal items.
- Smartsheet will invoice Customer a per diem rate for meals and incidentals. This will be based on the location where services are being rendered in accordance with current IRS per diem rates. For current guidelines, please refer to Per Diem Rates at www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21287.
- Due to the per diem nature of meals and incidentals, receipts will not be required.
- Should Personnel have to change their travel arrangements due to a request from the Customer, Customer will be responsible for any fees incurred by Smartsheet. Such fees may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Late cancellation fees for lodging should Customer cancel after the allowable refund period.
- Air travel change fees.
- Additional per diem for meals for extended schedules.
- Additional lodging costs for extended schedules.