Smartsheet work execution platform
Explore our capabilities
From our core functionality to premium add-ons and pre-built solutions, Smartsheet has the power to transform the way you work.
See who made which changes and when, on sheets, reports, and dashboards.
- View an audit trail to understand how and when collaborators are taking action.
- See who is shared to (or unshared from) a sheet, report, or dashboard.
- Filter the Activity Log by date range, type of action, or collaborator.
- Export the Activity Log and share via email.
Configure and manage your Smartsheet account from one central location.
- Quickly navigate between User and Group Management, Usage Reports, and Enterprise Configuration Options.
- Keep track of who is licensed, what groups they belong to, and what integrations they can access.
- Recommended next steps help optimize your account configuration based on Smartsheet best practices.
Easily manage users and transfer access.
- Extensive administrator controls allow you to manage and audit access, ownership, and usage.
- Configure and manage global security controls and settings including account discovery, resource management, and custom user welcome screens.
- Globally configure user types to designate what individuals can and can’t do with your Smartsheet account, automatically add users to an enterprise account with automated user provisioning, or adjust account settings for features and working days.
Keep information in one centralized place
- Upload almost any file type, including .jpg, .png, .gif, .pdf, .docx, .pptx, .xlsx and more.
- Attach content from Brandfolder, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and more.
- Add up to 100 files simultaneously.
- Attach files to individual rows to keep information in context, or attach them to the entire sheet.
Leverage the Smartsheet API to take work execution to the next level.
- Programmatically access and manage your organization’s Smartsheet data and account information.
- Ensure secure data management, automation through webhooks, and the ability to scale Smartsheet throughout your company.
- Read and update sheets, manage folders and workspaces, administer users and accounts, and more.
- Based on widely accepted standards and conventions, including REST, JSON, and HTTP success and error codes.
Save time and eliminate repetitive, manual tasks with no-code automated workflows.
- Leverage our collection of pre-built workflow templates to create weekly status requests, due date reminders, and more, or set up your own custom workflow.
- Create one-time/recurring workflows combining multiple actions and conditional paths.
- View and respond to update and approval requests from the desktop/mobile app, email, or messaging apps like Microsoft Teams and, Slack.
- Automate with confidence and insight into workflow status and last run date.
Brandfolder Digital Asset Management
Brandfolder helps teams manage and distribute all of their assets, and understand how they’re performing.
- Ingesting and storing: Upload, store, organize, and share unlimited files from one secure location.
- Organization and curation: Inspire usage, enable speedy discovery, and streamline workflows across teams with intuitive organization and curation.
- Smart search and discovery: Quickly search across a variety of asset metadata and taxonomy. Utilize intelligent search tools like filtering and search multiple ways for automatic discovery.
Automate business processes with efficiency and accuracy with workflows that trigger actions and share data across platforms
- Eliminate repetitive, manual business processes so that you can deliver quality work faster.
- Provide actionable insights on the health of your business by connecting your systems of records and process.
- Solve the complex challenges unique to your business with advanced workflows built from a no-code interface.
See all your tasks over time.
- Customize the familiar calendar interface and overlay on your iCal or Google Calendar for a comprehensive view.
- Securely publish or embed calendars to surface key dates in the places people look for them.
- Instantly view and edit project dates and reminders in calendar.
- Export and attach project calendars for quick and easy updates.
- Ideal for event planning, team schedules, tracking key milestones, creating communications and promotions plans, and more.
Visualize and prioritize work as drag-and-drop cards.
- Drag and drop cards between lanes to quickly update the changing status of work.
- Align the team on priority by dragging cards within a lane to save card ranking – without affecting the order of the underlying data in grid view.
- Update cards with custom fields, images, and color coding to focus your team’s attention on what matters most.
- Filter cards and lanes to easily see the flow of work from multiple perspectives.
- Ideal for agile development, request management, and creative use cases.
Customer managed encryption keys
Have complete control over who can access your data.
- Control the encryption key used by Smartsheet to access your data.
- Keys will be stored and managed via Amazon Web Services Key Management System (AWS KMS), and are fully owned and controlled by the customer.
- Admins can set up, rotate, and fully revoke encryption access to company data.
Unlock critical data lying captive in source systems.
- Improve collaboration and decision making with real-time visibility into critical business systems.
- Enable powerful collaboration capabilities with connectors by automatically synchronizing data across critical business platforms, including Salesforce, Jira, ServiceNow, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Merge or replace data from any system that can download to a CSV file, Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheet using the Smartsheet Data Shuttle.
Work together seamlessly, share feedback, and track progress in real-time.
- Monitor the review process from your project sheet.
- Set automated alerts and reminders to keep collaborators on schedule.
- Allow colleagues, vendors, and clients to review content without having to give them sheet access.
- Collect or leave detailed feedback that can be pinned directly to content and associated with annotations, like emojis or shapes.
- Simplify versioning with automatic locking of old versions when the latest content is uploaded.
- Upload and review different file types.
Keep conversations organized and in context.
- Empower teams to have conversations in the context of their work and quickly reference them for improved visibility and faster decision-making.
- Eliminate the need for separate chat or email threads outside of Smartsheet and keep the context around key decisions in one place.
- Reply to conversations without having to switch apps.
- Use the Latest Comment column to surface new comments in real-time.
See all the tasks that directly impact your project completion date.
- Set up a Gantt chart with dependencies and predecessor columns to create a critical path.
- Filter sheets to see only tasks in the critical path.
- Share crucial elements of your timeline as a PDF to keep stakeholders and leaders apprised of project status.
Add your brand logo or colors for a customized look and feel.
- Maintain your organization’s brand and personalize the look and feel of your sheets, workspaces, forms, dashboards, and WorkApps.
- Set your corporate branding for the entire account or personalize branding for individual workspaces and emails sent from Smartsheet.
- Set custom colors and upload file formats including .png, .gif, and .jpg.
Custom Email Domains
Custom email domains
Send Smartsheet- generated emails from your organization's domain.
- Improve collaboration by sending Smartsheet- generated emails from your organization's domain, so important notifications aren’t flagged as “external”, or relegated to spam folders.
- Increase trust and relevance of your Smartsheet emails, especially with collaborators outside of your organization.
- SysAdmins can configure a custom email domain at the organization-level through Admin Center.
Centralize, organize and present valuable information on a customizable canvas.
- Use widgets to showcase sheets, reports, charts, forms, and even content from other places like Google Docs, Tableau, Power BI, YouTube and more.
- Keep stakeholders informed by providing real-time visibility into project statuses and performance.
- Curate and publish essential resources for an internal or external audience.
- Share key information with different audiences, without having to provide any access to underlying sheets or assets.
- Infuse your style into a dashboard or customize the look and feel to align with your company's brand.
Data Retention Controls
Data Retention Controls
Ensure only current, relevant data is stored in your Smartsheet account.
- Set org-wide data retention policies to automatically remove unused Smartsheet assets.
- Run on an admin-defined schedule, based on your criteria regarding the date assets were created or last modified.
- Reports showing impacted assets are generated automatically and email notifications are sent to relevant content owners so they can take action.
- Ensures stale or unneeded data is removed, limiting sensitive content stored in Smartsheet.
Focus on your work without distractions.
- Declutter your web browsers by accessing Smartsheet right from your taskbar.
- Consolidate, view, and organize your Smartsheet items in easy-to-navigate tabs.
- Get alerted about Smartsheet notifications so you can focus on the work that matters.
- IT admins can auto-provision Smartsheet for their users, streamlining onboarding and license management.
Document generation with e-signature
Document generation with e-signature
Generate custom PDFs and send documents for signature without leaving Smartsheet.
- Automate almost any form intake process through document creation, send, completion, signing* and storage without any manual steps.
- Prepare contracts, purchase orders, lease agreements, and other documents — without human error.
- Generate custom PDFs on demand or automatically using the information captured in your sheet.
- Integrate directly with DocuSign to seamlessly configure signer roles and add custom fields to your template from your sheet.*
- Track signing statuses automatically in your sheet.*
- Attach completed PDFs to their respective rows in your sheet for safe keeping, or to quickly advance any business workflows they support.
(*Requires Smartsheet enterprise license and DocuSign account.)
Enterprise Plan Manager
Enterprise Plan Manager
Local autonomy plus global control over security and governance.
- Set up plans with an account and billing structure that works best for your organization and give managed plans the freedom to purchase the tools they need to get the job done.
- Enable System Admins to validate all of your domains, discover all the plans that exist across the company and bring them all under IT’s purview.
- Set up a common SAML SSO login across all your plans so access can be managed globally.
Export, email & print
Export, email & print
Easily share your work in Smartsheet in multiple business-friendly formats.
- Export any report or sheet to Microsoft Excel, PDF, Google Sheets.
- Export Gantt charts as PNG images and Microsoft Project.
- Print sheets, reports, dashboard and Gantt charts, and cards from card view.
- Share information from sheets or reports via email.
Easily collect and act on error-free, consistent data from internal and external stakeholders.
- Quickly create branded forms that automatically map to the columns in your sheets.
- Ask the right people the right questions with conditional logic in forms.
- Ensure data integrity with data validation.
- Provide easy access by embedding forms on dashboards and websites, or by sharing a unique link.
- Submit information, photos, and files from any location using forms in the Smartsheet mobile app, even in no to low connectivity.
- Ideal for request management, fieldwork, event registration, customer feedback, and more.
Power your process with functions that calculate, gather, and automate data.
- Choose from 80+ functions in formulas to answer questions like:
- Is my task at risk?
- What is the budget by project phase?
- What department is this requestor in?
- How many contracts expire this year?
- What was our revenue last month?
- Quickly and easily reference other sheets in your formulas with cross-sheet formulas.
- Use formulas and conditional formatting together to easily spot trends and at-risk tasks.
- Trigger automations with calculated values.
Transform task lists into timelines to track project dependencies.
- Set up a Gantt chart with dependencies and a predecessor column to create a Critical Path.
- Drag and drop to adjust start or end dates, or to build dependencies between tasks.
- Establish baselines to track variance over the course of the project.
- Quickly highlight the key tasks in your project timeline Critical Path, and see at a glance which tasks are affecting the project’s completion date.
- Ideal for project management resources to visually track the duration of and relationships between tasks in a project.
A familiar place for your team to capture, track, and collaborate on work.
- Familiar, flexible view is easy to customize with multiple column types, including symbol, date, contacts, and more.
- Keep project materials together by attaching documents directly to a sheet.
- Easily set up automation rules within any sheet to prompt updates and keep tasks on track.
- Use powerful row hierarchy, conditional formatting, and formulas to visually and automatically organize information.
- Ideal for managing projects, tracking client feedback, event planning, managing audit and compliance, due diligence lists, and more.
Get work done in context, without switching from one app to the next, with out-of-the-box integrations that work with your favorite cloud tools.
- Seamlessly integrate with all of the top cloud productivity suites and messaging applications, like Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Box, DocuSign, Slack, Workplace Chat, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Chat, Skype for Business, Gmail, Outlook, and many others.
- Some integrations require eligible Smartsheet Business or Enterprise plans.
Check real-time project status, collect information, and collaborate – anywhere.
- Check real-time updates in sheets, reports, and dashboards on the go.
- Contextualize your work by uploading photos, marking your current location, and scanning barcodes.
- Capture information anywhere, even without a connection using offline forms.
- Instantly act on update and approval requests and view and reply to comments in real-time.
- Get push notifications immediately and take action at the right time.
See and take action on important tasks and updates in a single source of truth.
- Receive alerts directly within Smartsheet to stay informed and take action on important tasks.
- Review and respond to update requests and approval requests.
- Customize notification rules so you can focus on what matters most.
- Configure additional notifications via mobile push and email.
Empower your teams to execute together with speed and accountability, driving to successful outcomes, faster.
- Visualize tasks how you want by easily switching between grid, card, Gantt, and calendar views of the same data.
- Keep everyone on the same page by attaching files from Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more.
- Streamline work and reduce the number of meetings by sending automated update and approval requests.
- Communicate with the right stakeholders about specific work items using comments and @mentions.
- Control access with intuitive and secure permission controls.
- Ideal for waterfall and agile projects, product launches, sprint planning, events, and more.
Publish a sheet, report, or dashboard for frictionless sharing.
- Generate a unique URL that anyone can access without logging into Smartsheet.
- Use access control options to control who can access the link.
- Set default view to grid, Gantt, card or calendar views.
- Embed an iframe code within the source code of a website to display a sheet or report.
- Published items are dynamic, so they always display current data.
- Publish a Smartsheet calendar to iCal to enable anyone to add dates from their sheet to a non-Smartsheet calendar.
Filter or combine sheet data to highlight what’s important.
- Manage and update work across multiple sheets.
- Apply filters by sheet metadata or column values to get a curated lens of work.
- Make status updates directly from bidirectional reports that updated the source sheet as well.
- Group and summarize data by common values for quick insight, and to feed dashboard charts.
- Share, send, and publish reports to keep teams in the loop.
- Export to PDF, Excel, Google Sheets and more.
- Ideal for portfolio management, pulling all your tasks into a single list, curated working views, and more.
Resource Management by Smartsheet
Find the best project team, resolve conflicts, and forecast hiring needs.
- Project budgeting: See planned versus actual hours spent to keep projects on budget.
- Portfolio management: Confidently schedule projects based on team capacity.
- Time tracking: Make it easy for team members to submit their hours with pre-filled time sheets.
- Reporting: Understand performance across the business, spot trends, and plan for growth.
Any user can set up automated requests that are triggered by preset rules.
- Send update requests to get updated by any collaborator on key rows — whether they have a Smartsheet account or not.
- Choose which columns you want collaborators to see.
- Send requests once, or set up recurring requests.
- Stakeholders can easily respond on any device using a simple form to add or change information.
Build and manage apps unique to each stakeholder's view to simplify collaboration.
- Build, manage, and share an app in minutes using sheets, forms, reports, dashboards and third party content like Tableau reports, Google docs, etc.
- Tailored experiences for your team - WorkApps role-based views ensure stakeholders quickly find and focus on what matters most to them for more efficient collaboration.
- Maintain security and keep stakeholders focused - teams can access content in a WorkApp without having access to the underlying sheets, etc.
- Ideal for a broad range of use cases; from IT ticketing to construction, to logistics. WorkApps keeps remote teams easily connected in the field.
Make better decisions with automatically generated visualizations of key insights.
- Automatically generate charts that visualize historical sheet data and analyze and monitor trends in your work.
- Configure and filter automatically generated insights, or create new ones based on the data you want represented.
- Visualize your data in a variety of chart formats, including burndown, time series, column snapshot, and more.